1. What Data We Get
We collect certain data from you directly, like information you enter yourself while registering, signing up and while you download, purchase or access content at Learngah.
2. Data You Provide to Us
We may collect different data from or about you depending on how you use the Services. Below are some examples to help you better understand the data we collect.
- Account Data
In order to use certain features (like accessing content), you need to create a user account. When you create or update your account, we collect and store the data you provide, like your email address, password, phone number, occupation, skill interests, gender, race, ethnicity, government ID information, verification photo, age, date of birth, and account settings.
- Profile Data
You can also choose to provide profile information like a photo, headline, biography, language, website link, social media profiles, country, or other data. Your Profile Data may be publicly viewable by others.
- Shared Content
Parts of the Services let you interact with other users or share content publicly, including by posting reviews about content, asking or answering questions, sending messages to students or instructors, or posting photos or other work you upload. Such shared content may be publicly viewable by others depending on where it is posted.
- Educational Content Data
When you access content, we collect certain data including courses, assignments, labs, workspaces, and quizzes you’ve started and completed; content purchases and credits; subscriptions; completion certificates; your exchanges with instructors, sellers, and other students; and essays, answers to questions, and other items submitted to satisfy course and related content requirements. If you are an instructor, we store your educational content which may contain data about you.
- Student, Customer Payment Data
If you make purchases, we collect certain data about your purchase (such as your name and ZIP code) as necessary to process your order. For security, Learngah does not collect or store sensitive cardholder data, such as full credit card numbers or card authentication data.
- Seller Payment Data
3. How We Get Data About You
- Cookies & Data Collection Tools
4. Why We Use Data Collection Tools
Learngah uses the following types of Data Collection Tools for the purposes described:
- Strictly Necessary
These Data Collection Tools enable you to access the site, provide basic functionality (like logging in or accessing content), secure the site, protect against fraudulent logins, and detect and prevent abuse or unauthorized use of your account. These are required for the Services to work properly, so if you disable them, parts of the site will break or be unavailable.
These Data Collection Tools remember data about your browser and your preferences, provide additional site functionality, customize content to be more relevant to you, and remember settings affecting the appearance and behavior of the Services.
These Data Collection Tools help measure and improve the Services by providing usage and performance data, visit counts, traffic sources, or where an application was downloaded from.
These Data Collection Tools are used to deliver relevant ads (on the site and/or other sites) based on things we know about you like your Usage and System Data, and things that the ad service providers know about you based on their tracking data. The ads can be based on your recent activity or activity over time and across other sites and services.
- Social Media
These Data Collection Tools enable social media functionality, like sharing content with friends and networks. These cookies may track a user or device across other sites and build a profile of user interests for targeted advertising purposes.
5. What We Use Your Data For
- Provide and administer the Services, including to facilitate participation in educational content, issue completion certificates, display customized content, and facilitate communication with other users.
- Process payments to instructors and other third parties.
- Process your requests and orders for educational content, products, specific services, information, or features.
- Communicate with you about your account by; responding to your questions and concerns, sending you administrative messages and information, sending you information, such as by email or text messages, about your progress in courses and related content, rewards programs, new services, new features, promotions, newsletters, and other available instructor-created content.
- Manage your account and account preferences.
- Facilitate the Services’ technical functioning, including troubleshooting and resolving issues, securing the Services, and preventing fraud and abuse.
- Solicit feedback from users.
- Market products, services, surveys, and promotions.
- Market Subscription Plans to prospective customers.
- Learn more about you by linking your data with additional data through third-party data providers and/or analyzing the data with the help of analytics service providers.
- Tailor advertisements across devices for both onsite and offsite.
- Improve our Services and develop new products, services, and features.
- Analyze trends and traffic, track purchases, and track usage data.
- Advertise the Services on third-party websites and applications.
6. Who We Share Your Data With
We share certain data about you with instructors, sellers, other students, companies performing services for us, Learngah business partners, analytics and data enrichment providers, companies helping us run promotions and surveys, and advertising companies who help us promote our Services. We may also share your data as needed for security, legal compliance, or as part of a corporate restructuring. Lastly, we can share data in other ways if it is aggregated or de-identified or if we get your consent.
With Your Seller
We share data that we have about you with instructors or sellers for content you access or request information about, so they can improve their content or process order for you and other students and customers. This data may include things like your city, country, contact number, province, zip code etc.
- With Service Providers, Contractors, and Agents
We share your data with third-party companies who perform services on our behalf, like payment processing, fraud and abuse prevention, data analysis, marketing and advertising services, email and hosting services, and customer services and support. These service providers may access and use your personal data.
- With Business Partners
We have agreements with other websites and platforms to distribute our Services and drive traffic to Learngah.
- With Analytics and Data Enrichment Services
As part of our use of third-party analytics tools like Google Analytics, we share certain contact information and Account Data. This allows these providers to provide analytics services or match your data with publicly-available database information. We do this to communicate with you in a more effective and customized manner.
- To Administer Promotions & Surveys
We may share your data as necessary to administer, market, or sponsor promotions and surveys you choose to participate in.
- For Advertising
Learngah may use an advertising-supported revenue model, we may use and share certain System Data and Usage Data with third-party advertisers and networks to show general demographic and preference information among our users. This data will be used to offer you targeted ad delivery to personalize your user experience, and to undertake web analytics.
- For Security & Legal Compliance
- During a Change in Control
If Learngah undergoes a business transaction like a merger, acquisition, corporate divestiture, or dissolution, or a sale of all or some of its assets, we may share, disclose, or transfer all of your data to the successor organization during such transition or in contemplation of a transition.
Learngah takes appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of your personal data that we collect and store. These measures vary based on the type and sensitivity of the data. Unfortunately, however, no system can be 100% secured, so we cannot guarantee that communications between you and Learngah, the Services, or any information provided to us in connection with the data we collect through the Services will be free from unauthorized access by third parties. Your password is an important part of our security system, and it is your responsibility to protect it. You should not share your password with any third party, and if you believe your password or account has been compromised, you should change it immediately and contact our Support Team with any concerns.
8. Accessing, Updating, and Deleting Your Personal Data
- You can access and update your personal data by logging in to your account and updating the changes in your profile or other fields where you deem necessary.
- To delete or terminates account at Learngah, write an email stating the termination of your account along with providing your account details.